Evening all! I wanted to share with you all that my blog was nominated for a ‘Blogger Recognition Award’ – an award that is given by other bloggers to recognise the work that goes into writing and maintaining a blog. A huge thank you to Helen at Break A Leg for nominating me. It’s a great honour to receive a nomination from a ‘proper blog’. She also occassionally lets me write for her!
So without further ado…
Rules for accepting this Award:
Take the time to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story about how your blog started
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 10-15 new bloggers you want to nominate
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, provide the link to the post you created.
How IneptRamblings Started
IneptRamblings started in 2012, although my first post wasn’t actually until 2013. In all honesty I can’t remember precisely why it started, but I can say that I’ve always liked writing and I was no stranger to sites such as LiveJournal in my younger days where I kept a private blog. I find writing therapeutic and generally good fun. The blog got it’s name purely because I knew it would be ramblings that wouldn’t necessarily have a subject – just thoughts that popped into my head. Inept because I knew topic were likely to be clumsy and haphazard, and I have no specialist interest in anything or pretend to be an expert.
Since starting the blog I’ve taken it on a little journey of subjects ranging from personal challenges, Christianity and faith and generally opening myself up to discussing anything that pops into my head at any given time. I would like to thank EVERYONE that stops by and reads it and visits it – it’s really humbling that people take the opportunity to read my ramblings.
Advice to New Bloggers
- Find a platform you’re happy with, you might be spending a lot of time writing or editing so once you get going you want to know it can do everything you want it to do (I highly recommend WordPress obviously!)
- Write about what you want to write about – don’t write about something just because it seems like everyone else is doing it, and don’t be afraid to write about things that you care about but that others don’t seem to.
- Write for yourself because if you write to gain ‘followers’ then you’ll lose the real joy of it.
In the spirit of being honest I’m going to recommend 6 blogs that I actively seek out to read and not the full 10 as recommended:
- An Addicted Journey – Ros writes about situations in her life and offers insightful thoughts that won’t fail to inspire you and make you think.
- CaaryssBeth – A blog not dissimilar from my own, CaryssBeth takes her own thoughts on life and shares them with her audience on a range of different subjects. An enjoyable read.
- Elizabeth – Lizzi shares about experiences in her life and how she’s coped and dealt with them and passionately encourages her readers to stand up for themselves and others in difficult situations.
- The River Walk – A blog that gives you daily encouragement based on Biblical scripture.
- Catherine Press – A must-read blog for anyone that’s trying to take up running as it follows Catherine’s progress through her running training.
- TV and Movie Scene – Sister blog to Break A Leg, this blog contains TV and Movie reviews from comedy to series dramas.
You should absolutely check the blogs out above because they are all fantastic.