Every year we do it, and I’m no different. So here are my New Year Resolutions for 2016.
1. Love more. My family, my friends, the stranger across the street, the person I encounter each day but show indifference to, the people on the other side of the world. The person that’s hurting, lost and feeling alone.
Love less. The things that don’t matter. The material things.
2. Give more. Time, love, compassion.
Give less. Attention and time to things that shouldn’t matter.
3. Care more. About people, about the injustice in the world.
Care less. About the things that don’t matter. The things that can’t be changed, the things that haven’t happened yet.
4. Listen more. To what people say, to what people don’t say, to God.
Listen less. To what’s said that doesn’t matter. To negativity and things that are designed to bring you down.
5. Pray more. For things I can’t control, to admit my failures, to be thankful for all I have.
Pray less. For the things that I want that don’t matter.
I’ve got a busy year ahead it would seem!
Happy New Year, and good luck with your New Year’s Resolutions!